In this video, Dr Gene Kim shows us how to do soul winning.
Chick also has a great resource about witnessing and some creative ideas on how you can witness giving out tracts.
A few tips to make soul-winning more fruitful and effective:
- Keep talking, and try to minimize the amount of pauses, as too many pauses breed uncertainties thus affecting the “convincing-ness” of our witness.
- Memorize the verses.
- Don’t ask too many questions, except if we want to understand and scrutinize what the other party thinks of sin.
Below are a few verses that Pastor Gene Kim uses/quotes from KJV Bible that we can use in our soul winning conversation.
(1) Romans 3:23 KJV  For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.
To open the conversation, we can ask this question.
Q1. Do you know what Sin is?
(Possible A1.) Sin is anything bad that we have done.
Q2. Have you sinned before?
(Possible A2.) Yes or No.
(2) Revelation 21:8 KJV  But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Because they have sinned, and God does not allow Sin into Heaven, the punishment is burning hell. By telling them so, with no intention of scaring them away, rather the objective is to preach the truth from the bible, and so people could repent on their sins.
After explaining what Sin is, we need explain to them the way to reconcile our peace and relationship with God. We can ask them,
Q3. If they know the Story of Jesus.
(3) Romans 5:8 KJV  But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Jesus = God who lived up in Heaven, but he came down on earth and became a man like us, he lived for 33.5 years without committing any sin. Then there were certain people who were jealous and therefore framed him on phony charges, and crucified him. Then he was buried and resurrected on the third day; Now he lives in HEAVEN. It is important to explain this from the Bible to unbelievers, as it leads us to the next key question.
Q4. Do you know why Jesus went through all this bloody mess for us?
A4. As mentioned, our sin is the reason why we can’t go to heaven, and the only thing that can wash away our sin is the Blood of Jesus.
(4) Romans 5:9 KJV  Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
According to the bible, the only way for us to reconcile with God is through Christ Jesus’s blood, and not through any works that we do or merits we accumulate, such as water baptism, attending church, or any good thing that we do. The following verses clearly support this.
(5) Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:  Not of works, lest any man should boast.
(6) 2 Corinthians 7:10 KJV  For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.
In order to get saved, repentance of one’s sin is needed to get saved, we need to be sorry, and repent, with conviction, that we are a wretched sinner.
(7) Romans 10:9 KJV  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Lastly, we need to truly be assure that the person we are preaching to, believe in everything he/she has heard in the gospel, and if they truly do , we should strongly suggest them to make a proclamation to GOD!
Ask unbelievers to repeat after this simple prayer, to make sure the unbelievers truly get saved.
I know I am a sinner, as I repent, I put my faith, that Jesus in GOD, and that he died, buried and resurrected, so that his blood, can wash away my Sins. I put my faith in that alone to save me, not my good works. In Jesus’s holy name, I pray. Amen! ‘