1. Memorize verses
2. Keep taking, no pauses (you want them to listen)
3. Don't ask any questions except for those listed below
This lesson will cover six points that can be used to lead a person to salvation in the Lord Jesus Christ. Each point has corresponding verses which convey the point. For example, the first point is that everyone on Earth is a sinner, so the verse used is Romans 3:23.
- Romans 3:23: ‘For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God’
– Everyone has sinned so they cannot go to heaven. God as a perfect and Holy judge cannot let even 0.001% of sin into Heaven. God must judge every bad thing said, done and thought in this life.
– Ask “Do you know what sin is?“
(any bad thing that we have done)
“Have you sinned?“
Get them to understand that they’ve sinned.
- Revelation 21:8: ‘But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death’
– Because they’ve sinned, the punishment is a burning hell. BUT there is good news!
- Romans 5:8 – 9: ‘But God commandeth his love towards us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.’
– Tell them about the story of Jesus.
– Ask “Do you know the story of Jesus?“
(If yes, then proceed.
If no: Jesus is God who lived up in heaven. But he came down to earth and became a man like us. He lived for 33.5 years without committing any sin. Then there were certain people who were jealous of him, framed him on phony charges and crucified him. Then he was buried and raised himself from the dead. Now he is up in heaven.)
– Ask “Do you know why Jesus went through all this bloody mess for us?“
(It’s because remember your sin is the reason why you can’t go to heaven, right? The only thing that can wash away your sins is the blood of Jesus.)
- Ephesians 2:8-9: ‘For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast.’
– Salvation is not by good works (List the works)
1. Water baptism
2. Attending church
3. ANY good thing one does
- 2 Corinthians 7:10: ‘For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.’
– To get saved, you need to repent as a sinner. Or you need to be sorry for being a sinner.
– Ask “Are you sorry for being a sinner?“
- Romans 10:9: ‘That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.’
-Ask “Do you believe everything you’ve heard in the gospel so far?“
(If yes, then tell the person “All you have to do is say it to God.”)
TIP: Don’t say “confess.”
– Audio Lessons: ‘Sin’ & ‘Faith’